French Beans – 225 gms, cut into thin slices
Onion – 1, medium, finely sliced
Red Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 3/4 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Coconut – 1/2 tblsp, desiccated
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the red chilli powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder.
2. Keep aside in an airtight jar till required.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the onions till soft and add the tomatoes.
5. Mix 1/2 tsp of the mixed masala powder (step 1) with little water.
6. Add to the pan and simmer.
7. Add the beans with remaining water and cover pan with a lid.
8. Simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Add coconut and lemon juice.
10. Remove the lid and simmer until thick and vegetables are cooked.
11. Serve hot with rice.
Image credit: the healthy food