Black Eyed Beans (Lobiya) – 1 cup, soaked overnight
Lauki (bottle gourd) – 3 cups, peeled and cut into small pieces
Fresh Bread Crumbs – 1 1/2 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tsp, roasted
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil and add the lauki pieces.
2. Drain out the beans and discard all the excess water.
3. Add this to the lauki pieces and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the bread crumbs.
5. Cook till the mixture is almost dry. Allow to cool.
6. Coarsely grind in a mixture.
7. Remove to a mixing bowl and add the bread crumbs.
8. Place the mixture into oven proof dish and bake in a preheated oven for 18-10 minutes or until it is set.
9. Once it is baked, remove and cut into pieces.
10. Serve as a starter or a part of a main course.