A gorgeous, delicious and healthy soup that is easy to make and a perfect comfort food on cold days.
Spinach Leaves – 250 gms, washed, stemmed, chopped
Onion – 1, small, chopped
Vegetable Stock (or Water) – 1 cup
Skimmed Milk – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Curry Powder – 1/8 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – a small pinch
Lime Juice – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Fresh Cream to garnish (optional)
Bread Croutons to garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Saute the onions for a minute.
3. Add the spinach and vegetable stock.
4. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce flame.
5. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the spinach is tender.
6. Remove from flame and cool.
7. Transfer to a blender and puree the mixture.
8. Pour this into a pan and place it over low-medium flame.
9. Add all the other ingredients and stir gently.
10. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until the soup is heated through.
11. Garnish with a swirl of cream and serve warm.