Chicken – 500 gms
Oil – 3 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Jeera Powder – 1 tblsp, roasted
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Anardana Powder (Ground Pomegranate) – 1 tsp
Saunf Powder – 1 tsp
Tomato Puree – 150 gms
Tamarind Pulp – 2 tblsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Make insertions on the chicken pieces with a knife.
2. Sprinkle salt, ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice.
3. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat half the quantity of the oil and fry the chicken pieces till light golden brown.
5. Lower the heat and mix in the spices and 2 tbsp of water.
6. Cook and stir on low fire for at least 7-8 minutes.
7. Mix in the tomato puree and add the remaining oil little at a time.
8. Add one cup of water and the tamarind paste and cover with a lid.
9. Cook covered till the chicken is tender and the preparation is dry and dark brown in colour.
10. Serve with plain rice or rotis.