A classic accompaniment to any meal, these potato dumplings are made with mashed potatoes in a egg and flour mixture.
Potatoes – 7 to 8
Eggs – 4, beaten
Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 cups
Water – 10 to 12 cups
Dried Breadcrumbs – 2 cups
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – as per taste (optional)
Salt as per taste
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes well.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients except salt and water.
4. Mix well and make small/medium balls of the dough.
5. Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
6. Add the prepared potato balls and cook until they float to the top, about 10 minutes.
7. Drain the water and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Sprinkle some coriander leaves on top.
9. Serve hot/warm as an accompaniment to any meal.