Parboiled Rice – 1 1/2 cups
Salt as per taste
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 8 hours.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth batter, gradully adding 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water.
3. Mix in salt and allow it to ferment for another 6 to 8 hours.
4. Add the coconut and a little bit more water to make a thin batter of pouring consistency.
5. Heat a tawa over high heat.
6. Add 1 tsp of oil evenly on the tawa.
7. Pour a ladle of batter along the outer edges and continue trickling inwards to form a wafer-thin, 6 inch round adai.
8. Dribble 1 tsp oil around edges and fry till base is golden.
9. Lift edges carefully and turn over.
10. Cook the other side till crisp and golden.
11. Serve hot with chutney of choice.