Refined Flour – 2 cups
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Egg – 1
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tsp
Ghee for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Pour melted ghee over the flour and add beaten egg.
2. Mix and add soda bicarbonate, coconut milk, sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. Knead into soft dough.
4. Make small balls of the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
5. Shape each ball like a shell and press a design on it with a fork.
6. Deep fry the Galagala till brown.
7. Store them in air tight tins.
8. These may be dipped in sugar syrup also (immediately after frying), if preferred.