Spinach Puree – 1 cup
Button Mushrooms – 100 gms
Hung Curd – 100 gms
Refined Oil – 125 gms
Cheese – 3 tblsp, grated
Flour – 200 gms
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Mixed Herbs – 1 tsp
Red Capsicum – 1, small (optional)
Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
1. In a mixer, blend together the hung curd, cheese and oil.
2. Run the mixer well so that the ingredients blend into a smooth mixture.
3. Pour this mixture into the spinach puree and mix well in a mixing bowl.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, herbs and the salt.
5. Add these dry ingredients a little at a time into the wet mixture.
6. Mix continuously so that the ingredients blend well without forming lumps.
7. All the ingredients should get mixed properly.
8. Grease a small oven proof tart dishes.
9. Cut circles of the button mushrooms and place one or two at the bottom of the tart dish.
10. Balance the other slices of mushrooms all around the tart, making the slices of mushrooms to stand straight against the raised rim of the tart dish.
11. Pour the prepared cake mixture over the mushrooms.
12. Place the tart dish in an oven at 160C for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tarts rise and begin to turn light golden brown on top.
13. Insert a toothpick in the centre which should come out clean when the cake is baked.
14. Put off the oven and remove the tarts and overturn these so that mushrooms are seen on top.
Variation: You could cut slices of red capsicum without removing the seeds and place it on top of the tart dish. Bake in the same way and you need not overturn the tart in this case if you
want the red bell pepper to show on top.