Onion – 1, chopped
Carrot – 1, chopped
Beetroot – 200 gms, peeled
Tomatoes – 300 gms, cut into quarters
Potatoes – 3, peeled and cut into quarters
Cabbage – 1 cup, grated
Vegetable Stock – 300 ml
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Vinegar – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper as required
Sour Cream (optional)
Dill or Parsley
1. Keep half the quantity of the beetroot grated and leave half cut into cubes.
2. Put the onion, carrot, potatoes and the cubed beetroot with the stock and cook in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water till all the vegetables are just tender.
3. Remove and place into a big pan.
4. Add the grated beetroot, cabbage, sugar and vinegar and add two cups of water and cook for 10 minutes on low fire or till the soup begins to thicken slightly.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Just before serving add the chopped dill and the sour cream.