Refined Flour – 4 tblsp
Ghee for smearing
Flour for sprinkling
Oil for deep frying
For the Mince:
Mutton – 250 gms, minced
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Onions – 4, medium, finely diced
Green Chillies – 6, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – 5, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lime
For the Dough:
Refined Flour – 500 gms
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
1. Put the mutton mince, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Cook on moderate heat till the water evaporates.
3. Add the diced onions and green chillies.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
6. Once it has cooled to room temperature, add the coriander leaves, mint leaves and lime juice.
7. Set aside.
8. To make the dough, mix the flour, salt and ghee in a bowl.
9. Knead well to a firm consistency.
10. Keep it covered.
11. Mix the 4 tblsp refined flour with 8 tblsp of water and make a thick, sticky flour paste.
12. Divide the dough into 2 inch balls.
13. On a lightly floured surface roll each ball into a 3 1/2 inch wide thin roti.
14. Place one roti on the floured surface.
15. Smear some ghee on it and sprinkle a little flour.
16. Place a second roti on top.
17. Smear it with ghee and sprinkle with a little flour.
18. Repeat this with 4 rotis.
19. Place a fifth roti on top.
20. Roll this into a large roti, about 8 inch wide.
21. Cut the roti into 4 equal quarters.
22. Spread the flour paste along the edges of one quarter.
23. Fold the pastry into a cone in such a way that the mouth of the cone can be covered with a flap of pastry.
24. Put 1 tblsp of the mince into the cone.
25. Bring the top flap down over the filling.
26. Press the edges firmly but gently so that it binds completely and does not come undone during the frying process.
27. Repeat the same process for all samosas.
28. Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed pan on moderate heat.
29. Deep fry 4 samosas at a time till light golden brown
30. Remove and drain the excess oil.
31. Serve hot.