Fusilli Pasta – 1 cup
Mayonnaise – 1 tsp
Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup (if using canned corns, drain water)
Green Capsicum – 1, large
Red Capsicum – 1, large
Lettuce Leaves – 5
For the Italian Dressing:
Small Onion – 1, chopped
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
White Vinegar – 2 tblsp
Garlic Flakes – 3, pounded
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Powder – 3/4 tsp
Dry Oregano – 2 tsp
1. Cook the pasta.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and blend them in a mixie until creamy.
3. Transfer the dressing to a bowl and place it in the fridge.
4. After the water has drained from the pasta, mix the mayonnaise into it.
5. Add the corn to the pasta.
6. Cut all the capsicums into half.
7. Remove and discard the inner pith and seeds.
8. Chop the capsicums into small pieces.
9. Add them to the pasta.
10. Tear the lettuce leaves into strips and add it to the pasta.
11. When the pasta is cool, pour in the dressing.
12. Toss well to ensure that the vegetables and pasta are well coated with the dressing.
13. Adjust the seasoning.
14. Keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
To Cook the Pasta:
to cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water to which 1 tsp of
oil is added. To cook 2 cups of pasta use 8 cups of water. Boil the
water with 1 tsp of oil and 1 tspf of salt. After 7-8 minutes, the pasta
should be cooked when it feels soft, yet firm to the touch.