Lamb – 1 kg, boneless pieces
Oil – 3 1/4 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 2 pinches
Onions – 2, medium, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 10, whole
Ginger – 2 tsp, sliced
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 15
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 5 1/2 cups
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil.
2. Add fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and the lamb.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or till the liquid dries.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the green coriander and lemon juice.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, add water and cook till the lamb is done.
6. Remove the lamb pieces and keep aside.
7. Strain the sup through a colander.
8. Add lemon juice to the soup, put back the lamb pieces and serve with 2 to 3 pieces of lamb in each bowl.
9. Garnish with green coriander.
10. Serve with boiled rice.
Lamb Soup Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Lamb Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.