Lamb Piece – 1 kg, cut into boneless
Yogurt – 3/4 cup
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 5 tsp
Garlic Paste – 5 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for basting
1. Mix the yogurt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger and garlic pastes and salt.
2. Pour mixture over lamb and coat the pieces evenly.
3. Baste the marinated pieces with oil and cover the bowl.
4. Chill in refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours, basting occasionally.
5. Preheat grill/tandoor/oven to 175C/350F.
6. Mix meat and marinade well.
7. Skewer the pieces 2 cm apart.
8. Roast in grill/tandoor/oven for 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through, basting just once.
9. Garnish with onion rings, chopped coriander and lemon wedges on a warmed serving dish.
10. Serve hot.