Papads – 2, large
French Beans – 1 cup, boiled and chopped
Carrot – 1 cup, boiled and chopped
Green Peas – 1 cup, boiled and shelled
Cauliflower – 1 cup, boiled and chopped
Potato – 1 small, boiled and chopped
Gram Flour – 2 tblsp
Oil – 4 tblsp plus some more for deep frying
Onion – 4 tblsp, chopped
Tomatoes – 3 tblsp, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix together gram flour, 2 tblsp of oil and 2 tblsp of water to make a smooth paste.
2. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a pan and saute the onion till it changes colour.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook till soft.
4. Add the vegetables, garam masala powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt to taste.
5. Saute all the ingredients over low heat for 2 minutes.
6. Place each papad on flat surface and spread 1 tblsp of gram flour batter over it.
7. Place half the cooked vegetable mixture horizontally on one half of the papad and roll the papad tightly.
8. Press the ends to seal.
9. Deep fry the papads till crisp.
10. Cut into pieces while hot.
11. Serve hot with tomato sauce.