Chicken – 500 gms, cut into 12-15 pieces
For the Marinade:
Oil – 1 tblsp
Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 to 3 tblsp
Pepper – 3 tsp, freshly ground
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves – chopped
1. Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken and marinate for 5-6 hours.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish, cover with aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for about 45 minutes or till the chicken is almost done.
4. Remove from the oven.
5. Reserve the chicken pieces and juices separately.
6. Heat the oil in a pan.
7. Add the onions and saute until they begin to brown.
8. Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
9. Add the tomato puree and the reserved chicken juices.
10. Stir until the masala is well blended.
11. Add the chicken pieces and saute for another 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
12. Stir in the dry fenugreek leaves.
13. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot.