Any Red Meat – 500 gms
Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Coriander Powde – 1 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 6, sliced
Aniseed – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Hot Water – 2 cups
Potatoes – 2, small, diced
Garlic Cloves – 1 tsp
For the Seasoning:
Coconut Oil or any Cooking Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Button Onions – 2 tblsp, sliced
1. Wash and clean the meat.
2. Cut meat into large cubes.
3. Grind chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, garlic, aniseed, cloves and cinnamon into a paste.
4. Marinate the meat with the ground paste, vinegar, chopped ginger and salt for an hour.
5. Cook the meat in 2 cups of hot water.
6. Cover the pan with a deep lid containing water.
7. This water till help cook the meat as well as ensure that it does not get charred.
8. When the meat is tender, add the potatoes and garlic.
9. When the potato is well cooked and the gravy has thickened, remove from fire.
10. In another pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
11. When it splutters, add the button onions.
12. When the onions are browned, add the meat mixture.
13. Fry till dry, taking care not to let the potato pieces crumble.
14. When the masala leaves the sides of the pan, remove from heat.
15. Serve hot.