Sweet Potatoes – 500 gms, cut into 3/4 inch piece
Butter Beans – 250 gms, drained and rinsed
Feta Cheese – 150 gms
Sage Leaves 2 tblsp, chopped
Plain Flour – 1 tblsp
Egg – 1, beaten
Dried Breadcrumbs – 75 gms
Vegetable Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
For the Tomato Pesto Sauce:
Sun-dried Tomatoes – 125 gms
Pine Nuts – 15 gms, roasted
Basil Leaves – 3 tblsp, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
Burger Buns – 4
Toasted Pine Nuts
1. To make the tomato pesto sauce, blend all the pesto ingredients to a smooth-coarse paste.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes in salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Drain and leave to cool.
4. Mash the sweet potatoes with the beans using a mashed.
5. Add the feta cheese and sage leaves.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Divide into 4 portions and form into balls.
8. Flatten these balls into burger patties.
9. Coat the burgers in the flour.
10. Drip them first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
11. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
12. Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
13. Fry the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown crisp.
14. Remove and drain.
15. Halve the buns and toast them under a grill or tawa.
16. Top each base with some salad leaves and then a burger.
17. Spoon over the pesto sauce and pine nuts.
18. Serve immediately.