Wheat Flour – 2 1/2 cups
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Oil – 3 tsp, for mixing
Oil for frying
Palak – 3 cups, chopped
Methi – 1 cup, chopped
Green Chillies – 3
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 3 cloves
Aniseed – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil palak and methi. Cool.
2. Grind to a paste with green chillies, ginger, garlic, aniseed and salt.
3. Mix wheat flour, gram flour, 3 tsp oil and the ground palak.
4. Form a smooth dough adding very little water.
5. Cover dough and set aside.
6. Divide dough into large lemon-sized bals, roll into a thick circle.
7. Smear circles with some oil, fold into a triangle and roll triangle into parathas.
8. Heat tawa and put the paratha on it.
9. Cook on a low flame till done.
10. When brown spots start to appear, raise the heat and then fry adding some oil till crisp.
11. Turn over, fry the other side.
12. Serve hot with raitha or chutney.