Peas – 2 cups, boiled
Coconut Gratings – 1 cup
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp, broiled
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Ghee – 3 tblsp
Salt to taste
Cashew Nuts – few, chopped and fried (optional)
1. Grind coconut and poppy seeds to a very fine paste and set aside.
2. Heat ghee, add ground masala paste and fry on low heat till ghee surfaces.
3. Add boiled peas, salt and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Mix 2 cups of boiling water to coconut paste, add half of the coriander leaves and pour into peas. Simmer for some time.
5. If the gravy is not thick, mix 1/2 tblsp rice flour in a little water, pour into peas and cook till blended.
6. Garnish with rest of the coriander leaves and cashew nuts.
7. Serve hot with puris or pulao.