Cauliflower – 1, large
Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Onion – 1, medium, minced
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, minced
Cheese – 1 1/2 cups, grated
Breadcrumbs – 2 tblsp, bread
Butter – 1/2 tblsp
Salt to taste
For White Sauce
Butter – 3 tblsp
Flour – 3 tblsp
Milk – 3 cups
Pepper – 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard Powder – 1 tsp
a large greased casserole dish
1. Wash and break cauliflower into small florets.
2. Chop stem into small pieces.
3. Add enough water and salt, cook just right – the florets should be cooked but not overdone.
4. Cook peas separate.
5. To prepare white sauce, melt butter, add minced green chillies and onion.
6. Fry till onion turns a light pink colour.
7. Add flour, stir fry till light brown in colour.
8. Remove from fire, add milk gradually, stirring all the while so that no lumps are formed.
9. Put back on fire and cook to custard consistency.
10. To white sauce, add seasonings, cauliflower, peas, 1 cup cheese and minced coriander leaves. Mix thoroughly.
11. Pour mixture into the casserole dish, sprinkle rest of the cheese and bread crumbs.
12. Dot with butter. Keep for a few minutes on a grill till top is lightly browned.
13. Serve as a main dish with soup and bread.
Note: You may serve this without grilling. Also omit breadcrumbs and butter.