Colocaesia – 1/2 kg
Sour Curds – 3 1/2 tblsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 8
Dhania – 1 tblsp
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Salt as required
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Boil colocaesia in water for a few minutes, till outer skin can be peeled easily.
2. Strain water, remove outer skin and cut each into 2 or 3 pieces.
3. Dry roast dhania and pepper. Grind it along with ginger, chillies, turmeric and salt.
4. Mix it with the sour curds.
5. Marinate colocaesia pieces in this prepared curds, for half an hour.
6. Heat oil in a broad pan, add cumin seeds and then put the marinated colocaesia in it.
7. Close with lid, keep in reduced flame. Stir in between to prevent burning.
8. Cook till moisture is absorbed completely and colocaesia gets roasted properly.
9. Heat little ghee separately, add cinnamon, cardamom powder and mix it to the curry just before removing from fire.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !