Potatoes – 1/4 kg
Small round brinjals – 1/4 kg
Oil for frying
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Onions – 3/4 cup, finely cut
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Fresh cream – 1 tblsp
Salt as required
Coriander leaves – 1 tblsp, finely cut
Thick tamarind extract – 2 1/2 tblsp
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, chopped
Dry roast each separately and grind them to a powder together:
Dhania – 1 tblsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tblsp
White sesame seeds – 1 tblsp
Roasted peanuts – 1 tblsp
1. After powdering the ingredients, add 2 chopped onions and grind coarsely.
2. Slice brinjals lengthwise.
3. Cook potatoes, peel and then cut lengthwise.
4. Deep fry both vegetables separately in hot oil till golden brown and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till golden. Add chopped tomatoes and stir for a few minutes.
6. Add ground paste and fry till oil separates.
7. Add garam masala powder, salt, chilli powder and then tamarind extract.
8. Pour 2 cups of water and boil till gravy becomes thick.
9. Add fried potatoes and brinjals.
10. Cook for a few more minutes and remove from fire.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.