1 medium White fleshed Fish, cleaned and sliced
1 tblsp Cumin seeds
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 tblsp Poppy seeds
1 tblsp Rice
few Coriander leaves
1 tblsp Ginger, grated
1 tblsp Peppercorns
2 Onions, medium, finely sliced
big pinch of Sugar
6 Garlic Flakes
4 Green Chillies, slit
4 Tomatoes, medium, pureed
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Apply salt and turmeric powder on the fish and set it aside for half an hour.
2. Roll fish lightly in flour and fry to a golden colour.
3. Grind coriander, cumin and poppy seeds, peppercorns, rice, coconut and cashewnuts to paste.
4. Extract a thick milk.
5. Pour 2 cups hot water over the squeezed out pulp and set it aside for 15 minutes and then squeeze the pulp dry for the thin milk.
6. Heat 3 tblsp of oil and fry onions, ginger and chillies till soft.
7. Then put in remaining spices, tomatoes, salt and sugar.
8. Cook till oil comes out, then put in fish and thin milk.
9. Cook for 5 minutes and pour in the thick milk.
10. Heat the curry in till it simmers.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.