A delicious sweet corn and chicken soup that is easy to make, tastes delicious and ideal as a starter to any meal.
Chicken – 350 gms, cooked, shredded
Sweet Corn Kernels – 500 gms, cooked
Chicken Stock – 900 ml
Water – 800 ml
Red Capsicum – 2 tblsp, sliced (optional)
White Pepper Powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Eggs – 3 to 4, lightly beaten
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Corn Flour – 1/4 cup
Cream – 2 tblsp
Spring Onions – handful, chopped
1. Mix the cream and sweet corn in a bowl. Keep aside until required.
2. Mix the corn flour with 1/3 cup of water and stir well.
3. Heat a large pan over medium flame.
4. Pour the water and chicken stock.
5. Bring to a boil and reduce flame to low.
6. Add the shredded chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
7. Remove any foam that rises to the surface.
8. Add the sweet corn, pepper powder, salt and the corn flour mixture.
9. Stir well and add the beaten eggs.
10. Stir gently and simmer for a minute.
10. Switch off the flame.
11. Pour into individual soup bowls.
12. Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves.
13. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !