2 large Onions, sliced
1 inch piece of Ginger, julienned
6 Green chillies, desseded and julienned
8 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
3 large Tomatoes, sliced
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Coconut, grated
2 sprigs Curry leaves
2 tbsp Coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut the pomfrets into fillets.
2. Grind the coconut and extract half cup of thick milk, add some water and obtain half a cup of second extract and half a cup of third extract.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Stir till they begin to splutter. Add garlic and ginger and stir for a minute. Add green chillies and onions and fry till onions turn glossy.
4. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Slip the fillets and the third extract of the coconut milk. Bring in to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, turning the fillets carefully.
5. Add salt, curry leaves, tomatoes and the second extract. Cover and simmer for another 3 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and gently stir in the first extract of coconut milk.
6. Return the pan to heat and bring to a boil over low heat. Sprinkle lemon juice and mix carefully.
7. Serve hot with rice.