1 kg Shoulder of lamb – deboned and cut into 4 cm cubes
75 gms Desi ghee
15 gms Coriander seeds, coarsely powdered
few Coriander leaves, chopped
For the marinade
2 1/2 cup Curd, whisked
500 gms Onions, sliced
60 gms Ginger, julienned
45 gms Garlic, chopped fine
10 green Cardamoms
2 inch piece of Cinnamon
12 black Peppercorns
Salt to taste
2 tsp Kashmiri deghi mirch powder
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, evenly rub the meat cubes with this marinade and keep aside for 2 hours
2. Heat ghee in a pan, add the coriander seeds and wait till they sputter.
3. Add the meat, along with the marinade. Fry till the liquid comes to a boil.
4. Lower the heat, cover and simmer, stirring at regular intervals until meat is almost cooked.
5. When the oil floats on top and the gravy is of ketchup consistency, remove from fire.
6. Remove in a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.