Chicken – 1 1/2 kg (cut into 1 – 2 inch pieces)
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Green chillies – 1, finely chopped
Red chillies – 2, dry
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
Fresh ginger – 2 inch piece, peeled and cut into very small pieces
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Onion – 1, cut into long pieces
Cinnamon sticks – 1 inch piece
Bay leaves – 2
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts – few pieces
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Vegetable oil – 5 tbsp
1. Mix red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and the ginger garlic paste and marinate the chicken in it for about one hour.
2. Place the marinated chicken in a pressure cooker and cook the same for about 1/2 hour. Check to see that the oil is left in the water after it is cooked.
3. Add the cumin seeds, onions and green chillies in a pan after heating some oil in it and fry till the onions turn brown in colour.
4. As this is done, add the remaining ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, bay leaves, cashew nuts, salt, chilli powder and chopped green chillies and fry for some more time.
5. Next add the steamed chicken and fry. Remember not to add any more water at this stage.
6. Keep stirring for some time and then cover the pan to let it cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
How to Make Sookha Chicken Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Sookha Chicken Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.