Arbi – 1/2 kg
Ground Methi Seeds – 2 tsp
Ground Spices – 4 1/2 tsp
Ground Aniseed – 4 tsp
Red Chilli Pepper – 3 tsp
Salt – 4 tsp
Vinegar – 1 1/2 cups
Lemon Juice – 2 lemons
Mustard Oil – 1 1/2 cups
Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
Mace – 1 small piece
1. Boil the arbi in sufficient water with a pinch of salt until they get tender. Then remove from fire, drain the water and cool.
2. Give a light press to the boiled arbi after skinning.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the arbi till they get light brown and remove from fire.
4. Mix the fried arbi properly with ground spices, red chilli powder, aniseed, salt, vinegar, methi and lemon juice.
5. Mace the grated nutmeg and cook till it leaves its oil.
6. Cool and put in an airtight jar. This can be kept for 15 days in summer and two months in winter.
7. Serve after two days.