Fajitas are a perfect dinner meal for weeknights. Easy to cook with minimal ingredients, they can be made in a jiffy. A classic Mexican dish, these Chicken Fajitas with sauteed onions and capsicums make a hearty and mouthwatering meal.
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, finely sliced
- 1 Onion medium, sliced
- 1 Red Capsicum seeds removed, sliced
- 1 Yellow Capsicum sliced, seeds removed
- 1 Cucumber peeled, cut into 1 inch stick
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Plain Tortillas
- Salt as per taste
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Black Pepper Powder as per taste
- Lime Wedges
- Sour Cream
- Sprinkle 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp red chilli flakes, pepper powder on the chicken and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Stir-fry the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Saute the onions and capsicums for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, remaining oregano and chilli flakes.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Add a portion of the chicken and vegetables.
- Wrap tightly.
- Serve with lime wedges and sour cream.