Ribbon Pakoda is a very easy to make South Indian savoury snack often made during festivals like Diwali and Krishna Jayanthi. This recipe is a variation of the regular ribbon pakoda and is made using Oats flour.
- Oats Flour – 1/2 cup
- Bengal Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil For Deep Frying
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Dry roast the oats until a nice aroma.
- Let it cool down. Make a fine powder using a mixer.
- Take a bowl, add the oats flour, rice flour, bengal gram flour, red chilli powder, sesame seeds, asafoetida, butter, salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and knead them to a dough.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take some of the dough and pass it through a ribbon pakoda maker onto the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !