Chicken breast fillet – 750 gms
Yogurt – 4 tbsp
Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – 1 pinch
Cashew nut paste – 6 tbsp
Cooking oil – 5 tbsp
Bay leaves – 2
Cloves – 6
Onion – 1, medium and grind to paste
Salt to taste
1. Add the chicken in a pan and mix the yogurt with it.
2. Take a portion of the ginger-garlic paste and mix it with the chicken and yogurt.
3. Add salt as required along with the red chilli powder.
4. In one tbsp of warm water, dilute the saffron and then add the whole thing in the chicken mixture.
5. Leave the entire preparation in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
6. Now, in a thick bottomed pan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
7. Add the bay leaves, cloves and then onion paste to it and stir fry it for about 4 minutes.
8. To this add the remaining ginger-garlic paste and the marinated chicken pieces.
9. As the chicken is cooked, turn off the flame and add the cashew nut paste.
10. The final dish should contain very little gravy.
11. Serve hot with rice, roti or naan.