Cutlets are an easy to make, anytime dish. There are numerous variations of cutlets all over the world depending on where you go. Typically served as a starter or an appetizer, they are delicious and make for a perfect evening teatime snack as well.
- Clean and steam cook the crab pieces.
- Crack the shell and remove the meat.
- Grind the meat coarsely.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them well.
- Take a bowl, add the meat, mashed potatoes, salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Add the chopped onions and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and saute this mixture until it becomes thick.
- Cool the mixture and shape into round discs.
- Mix the maida flour in water with salt.
- Dip the discs in maida paste and dredge it gently in the bread crumbs.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil and deep fry these discs until golden brown.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce.