Cutlets are an easy to make, anytime dish. There are numerous variations of cutlets all over the world depending on where you go. Typically served as a starter or an appetizer, they are delicious and make for a perfect evening teatime snack as well.
- Crab – 1/2 kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
- Potatoes – 2
- Onion – 1
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
- Maida Flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Oil as required
- Clean and steam cook the crab pieces.
- Crack the shell and remove the meat.
- Grind the meat coarsely.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them well.
- Take a bowl, add the meat, mashed potatoes, salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
- Add the chopped onions and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and saute this mixture until it becomes thick.
- Cool the mixture and shape into round discs.
- Mix the maida flour in water with salt.
- Dip the discs in maida paste and dredge it gently in the bread crumbs.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil and deep fry these discs until golden brown.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce.