Bottle Gourd Burfi (Lauki ki Burfi) is made during festivals or on days of fasting, this burfi is easy to make and nutritious.
- Bottle gourd – 2 cups, peeled and deseeded
- Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
- Maida Flour – 1/4 cup
- Fried Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
- Edible Green Colour – a pinch
- Ghee – little
- Cardamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 12 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Mixed Nuts – 2 tblsp, grated
- Drain the excess water in the bottle gourd, and boil them till soft.
- Saute the maida flour in a pan until golden brown.
- Take a heavy pan, add sugar and water and stir until fully dissolved.
- When it reaches a string consistency level, add the fried maida flour, fried gram flour, ghee, boiled bottle gourd, grated coconut to it.
- Keep stirring all the while, until it stops sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Add the food colour, ghee, cardamon powder, condensed milk in this stage.
- When the ghee starts to separate from the pan, pour into a ghee/butter greased plate.
- Decorate with mixed nuts on top and allow it to cool.
- Before it sets fully, cut into your required shape.