Golpapdi is a very popular Gujarati sweet made during winter and/or special occasions.
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Khus-Khus – 2 tsp
Jaggery – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 2 tsp
Cardamon Powder – 2 tsp
Almonds and Pistachios – for decoration
1. Seive the wheat flour.
2. Finely grate the jaggery.
3. Take a heavy bottomed pan / kadai and add the ghee.
4. Allow the ghee to melt and slowly add the wheat flour to it.
5. Fry the flour in slow flame untill golden brown.
6. Switch off the flame, and add grated coconut, cardamon powder and the jaggery mixture to the flour.
7. Mix well until the jaggery mixture melts.
8. Sprinkle the Khus-Khus to a greased plate.
9. Evenly spread the melted mixture to the greased plate .
10. Make diamond patterns when the mixture is warm.
11. Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
12. When it cools down remove and store in an air tight container.