Kulcha is a popular North Indian dish especially in Punjab and traditionally made in a clay oven. They are a staple breakfast dish served with an assortment of side dishes or with spiced curd.
Maida – 2 cups
Spring Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp
Fresh Yeast – 2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Chaat Masala Powder
1. Combine the maida, spring onions, chilli sauce, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
2. Knead well to a chapati dough consistency.
3. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Make small balls and roll them out into thin chapatis.
5. Heat a nonstick tawa over medium flame.
6. Cook the kulchas on both sides, applying little oil around the edges.
7. Sprinkle some chaat masala powder on the curd.
8. Serve with the kulchas.
Tip: If fresh yeast is not available, you can use dry yeast mixed with some warm milk.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !