Vallarai Keerai (or Brahmi Leaves) is a very popular medicinal plant used to treat a variety of ailments and also improve the body immune system.
Vallarai Keerai (Brahmi Leaves) – 2 cups
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Moong Dal – 2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the dal, keerai, turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cooker.
2. Add some water and pressure cook until 1 or 2 whistles.
3. Mix wheat flour, red chilli powder, cumin powder and the boiled dal-keerai mixture.
4. Knead well to a chapathi dough consistency.
5. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Make small balls and roll them out into small/medium chapathis.
7. Heat a flat tawa over medium flame.
8. Cook the prepared chapathis on both sides applying oil (or ghee) around the edges.
9. Serve with a choice of side dish.
Me encantó I loved it!
Haces mucha comida rica! (You make too many food awesome!)
Recetas en castellano, por favor, quiero hacerlas! :P (please, the recipe in castellan, cus i want to make it! :P)