Thalipeeth is a popular multigrain flatbread from Maharashtra. Made with multigrain flours and spices, this is a healthy and delicious dish for breakfast.
Usually served with pickle or curd, it is often given to expectant mothers because of its rich nutritious benefits.
These days you can buy ready-made flour mix called “Bhajani” from supermarkets and other grocery stores.
Not only a breakfast dish, it is also popular as a main course or evening snack especially during fasting periods.
Ingredients for Thalipeeth
- 300 gms Multigrain Flours gram flour, rice flour, whole wheat flour, pearl millet flour in equal quantities
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies minced
- handful Coriander Leaves - handful chopped
- as required Oil for frying
How to make Thalipeeth
- Add the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add enough warm water, gradually, and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Transfer to a flat surface and knead well.
- Make small, equal sized balls.
- Roll the dough into flat rotis.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared thalipeeth rotis on both sides, for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with butter, pickle or curd.