A simple and delicious meal, this easy to make stir-fry with chicken, noodles and vegetables is ideal for lunch or dinner.
Chicken Fillets – 200 gms, finely sliced, fat trimmed
Plain Noodles – 200 gms
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1, small, finely sliced
Garlic – 1 clove, finely sliced
Ginger – 1 cm piece, grated
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tblsp (recipe here)
Fish Sauce – 3 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
Green Peas – 2 to 3 tblsp, shelled, boiled
1. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions (or in a pan of slightly salted water for 4 to 5 minutes).
2. Stir once and drain well.
3. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan ove medium flame.
5. Saute the onions for a minute or until soft.
6. Add the ginger, garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
7. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked.
8. Add the peas, carrots, spring onions, mushrooms, capsicum, red chilli flakes, lettuce, chilli sauce, fish sauce, noodles and stir well.
9. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Add the coriander leaves and peanuts. Stir again.
11. Serve warm.