A delicious appetizer or starter, these crab cakes are a popular crowd pleaser. Simple and easy to make, they are perfect for a lunch, dinner or party.
Crab Meat – 200 gms
Potato – 1, grated
Carrot – 1, grated
Spring Onions – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Breadcrumbs – 2 to 3 tsp (optional)
Egg – 1, lightly whisked
Lime Juice – 1 1/2 to 2 tsp
Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 to 3 tblsp, to serve
Lime Wedges to serve
For the creamed corn:
Sweet Corn Kernels – 100 gms
Butter – 2 tblsp
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1 tblsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 tblsp
1. To make the creamed corn, boil the sweetcorns until tender and drain well.
2. Heat butter in a pan.
3. Add the flour and stir well.
4. Add milk and whisk well.
5. Simmer until thickened.
6. Add the sugar, sweet corn kernels and mix well.
7. Simmer for a minute more and remove from flame. Keep aside until required.
8. Combine the crab meat, potatoes, carrots, spring onions, creamed corn, egg, lime juice, maida and coriander leaves in a large bowl.
9. Mix well.
10. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them into patties.
11. Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan.
12. Cook the crab cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
13. Remove and drain excess oil.
14. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.