Corn Bhel is a delicious North Indian street food snack. This recipe is not only delicious it is very easy to make with simple ingredients. Though the dish does not require green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney, if you prefer you can add a little bit to the final dish. You can also add crispy corn poha, boiled and diced potatoes to this if you like. Serve this as an evening snack.
This dish is also a wonderful way to introduce to chaat or to sweet corn.
Corn Bhel Recipe
Ingredients for Corn Bhel
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup Corn Kernels boiled
- 1/4 cup Cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Green Capsicum chopped
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Sev - 2 tblsp
- Salt as per taste
To Serve: (Optional)
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney
How to make Corn Bhel
- Combine the corn kernels, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and capsicum in a bowl.
- Add the red chilli powder, chaat masala powder and salt.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and mix again.
- If you are using green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney, add them now and mix well.
- Garnish with sev.
- Serve at once.