A delicious and sweet pulao made with basmati rice soaked in orange juice and served with raita or side dish of choice. Ideal for lunch or dinner.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Orange Juice – 1 cup
Cinnamon – a small piece
Clove – 1, small
Onions – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Green Peas – 2 tblsp, boiled
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Cashew Nuts – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ghee as required
1. Wash the basmati rice well and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the orange juice and 3/4 cup of water.
3. Keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Transfer to a pressure cooker.
5. Add cinnamon, cloves and salt.
6. Pressure cook until 1 whistle.
7. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Switch off the flame.
9. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
10. Fry the cashew nuts and remove.
11. Saute the onions and green chillies for 1 minute.
12. Add the peas and little salt.
13. Stir-fry for another 30 to 45 seconds.
14. Add this to the rice and mix well.
15. Garnish with the fried cashew nuts.
16. Serve with raita or side dish of choice.