Chicken Tikka Burger is a delicious fusion food combining the classic chicken tikka and the modern burger. A flavourful burger that is ideal as a lunch time or evening snack, these are a perfect weekend dish.
Packed full of flavor, it is a great dish for all.
Chicken Tikka Burger Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Burger
- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 to 4 Burger Buns
- 3 tsp Tomato Puree
- 100 g Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- as per taste Salt
- Cucumber Slices
- big handful Lettuce Leaves chopped
- handful Mint Leaves chopped
- Onion Slices
- Tomato Slices
- Green Chutney or Cheese Spread optional
How to make Chicken Tikka Burger
- Combine the tomato puree, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala powder, cinnamon powder, red chilli powder and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cut the chicken breasts in medium size pieces (to fit into the buns) and add to the bowl.
- Mix well until evenly coated and keep aside for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium flame.
- Cook the marinated chicken pieces for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Halve the burger buns and lightly toast them.
- Apply mayonnaise on half of the buns.
- Apply the green chutney on the other half.
- Add some lettuce leaves and arrange the chicken pieces on top.
- Top up with mint leaves, cucumber, tomato and onion slices.
- Cover with the other half of the burger and press lightly.
- Serve at once.