A delicious, light and easy to make meal ideal for lunch, quick dinner or a sunday brunch. Pieces of chicken marinated in a yogurt-spices masala, cooked to perfection and rolled up in a tortilla/roti. Serve with a choice of raita and enjoy this Indian comfort food.
Tortillas (or Plain Rotis/Naans) – 4, cooked and kept warm
Chicken Breasts – 2, skinless, boneless, cut into small pieces
Plain Yogurt – 2 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 4 to 5 tsp (adjust as preferred)
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Lettuce as required, torn
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Combine the yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and lime juice.
3. Mix well.
4. Season with salt and pepper powder.
5. Finally add the chicken pieces and mix everything.
6. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Then add to the pan and cook, stirring from time to time, for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the flame.
9. Place the warm tortillas (or rotis) on a flat surface.
10. Add some lettuce and top up with some of the chicken mixture and roll it up tightly.
11. Serve with raita.
Tip: If preferred you can also add slices of cucumber, tomatoes and onions at step #10.