Tandoori Chicken Burger is a dish that has been created by combining the two dishes that are popular in the Indian cuisine. The Tandoori Chicken is a dish that has been marinated in yogurt and spices before it is cooked . The burger is made with a bun, tandoori chicken patty, and topped with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion slices.
The dish has become increasingly popular in the last couple of years because it has been declared as the “most delicious” fast food item by many food bloggers.
Tandoori Chicken Burger Recipe
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken Burger
- 4 Chicken Breast Fillet boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3 tsp Mint Leaves finely chopped
- 2 Burger Buns halved
- 1 Tomato small, sliced (optional)
- 1 Onion small, sliced
- 1 Cucumber small, sliced
- 1 Carrot small, sliced or finely chopped
- 2 cups Mixed Salad Leaves chopped
- few Lettuce torn
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt
How to make Tandoori Chicken Burger
- Mix the tandoori masala powder with 2 tblsp plain water.
- Mix the paste with 2 tblsp of yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well until evenly coated.
- Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Cook the marinated chicken for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Mix the mint leaves with 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Lightly toast the buns if desired and place them on a flat surface.
- Spread the mint-yogurt mixture on the halves.
- Top up with lettuce, salad leaves, cucumber, carrot and onions.
- Place the cooked chicken patty on top and cover with the other half.
- Serve at once with fries or salad.
- Cut the chicken fillets into the shape of the burger patty if desired
- Instead of the mint-yoghurt paste, you can also use mayonnaise.