Mini Idli Sambar or Ghee Idli Sambar is a popular breakfast dish across South India, especially in Chennai and other cities of Tamil Nadu.
The regular fluffy idlis are a delicious breakfast by themselves but when you make smaller versions of those and pair it with the perfect sambar, it is a match made in heaven.
There are different places to get the best idli sambar combination. Some of the most popular hotels are Saravana Bhavan, Ratna Cafe, Sangeetha, A2B – Adyar Anandha Bhavan, Murugan Idli Shop and few others.
But nothing can beat a delicious bowl of homemade hot sambar with the mini idlis dipped in it for breakfast or dinner.
Whether you are starting your day or finishing your day, this dish is a quite filling and is very tasty.
Mini Idli Sambar Recipe
Ingredients for Mini Idli Sambar
How to make Mini Idli Sambar
- Grease the mini idli plates with little ghee and pour the batter into the moulds.
- Steam cook until done, as you do for regular idlis.
- Remove and cool.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over low-medium flame.
- Add the idlis and stir-fry gently for a minute, taking care not to break the idlis.
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the idlis into individual serving bowls, 5 to 6 in a bowl.
- Pour hot sambar until all idlis are fully submerged.
- Add ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.