Mini Idli Sambar is a popular breakfast item across South India. Quick and simple to make, it is a filling and tasty way to get your day started.
Idli Batter – 4 cups
Sambar – 2 cups (preferably Drumstick Sambar, Mixed Vegetable Sambar or Hotel Sambar (2)
Gingelly Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Ghee – 1 to 2 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – little, chopped
Mini Idli Plates
1. Grease the mini idli plates with little ghee and pour the batter into the moulds.
2. Steam cook until done, as you do for regular idlis.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over low-medium flame.
5. Add the idlis and stir-fry gently for a minute, taking care not to break the idlis.
6. Switch off the flame.
7. Transfer the idlis into individual serving bowls, 5 to 6 in a bowl.
8. Pour hot sambar until all idlis are fully submerged.
9. Add ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !