Rajma (or Red Kidney Beans) is a popular bean variety rich in protein, fiber, iron and other essential nutrients. Here is a simple evening snack that you can enjoy throughout the year.
Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 2 cups
Carrot – 1 tblsp, grated (optional)
Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Mustard Seeds – little
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Pressure cook the rajma with little salt until tender.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, coconut and carrot for a minute.
4. Add cumin powder and cooked rajma.
5. Stir to mix well.
6. Remove and serve at once.