This salsa makes a great accompaniment for any dish, can also served as a salad. If red capsicum in not available, you can use the green or yellow ones.
Tomatoes – 250 gms, chopped
Red Capsicum – 2, medium, chopped
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic – 2 small cloves, chopped
Red Chilli – 1, small, slit, seeds removed, chopped
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Puree – 3 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Honey – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Olive Oil as required
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat 3/4 tsp of olive oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions, garlic and capsicums.
3. Saute for a 5 to 8 minutes or until soft without discolouring them.
4. Add the cumin powder, tomatoes and tomato puree.
5. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Add honey, lemon juice, pepper powder and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.