Shrimps – 500 gms, peeled, deveined
Onions – 2, medium or 1, big, finely chopped
Gram Flour – 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – big handful, chopped
Oil as required for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the shrimps, onions, coconut, red chilli powder, curry leaves, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
2. Mix well and grind them to a coarse mixture.
3. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add coriander leaves and gram flour.
5. Add a little water if desired and shape the mixture into small/medium balls. Flatten them using your palms.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the prepared vadais until golden brown or for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Remov and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot.