Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup
Bread Slices – 10 to 12
Cheese Slices – 4 to 5 (optional)
Onion – 1, sliced (optional)
Capsicum – 1, sliced (optional)
Tomato – 1, sliced (optional)
Mint Leaves – 1 cup
Green Chillies – 3
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
Carrot – 3 tblsp, grated
Coriander Leaves – 3 tblsp
Pepper Powder – 1 sp
Butter – little
Salt as per taste
1. Boil the sweet corn and grind them to a coarse (or smooth) paste.
2. Grind together the mint leaves, green chillies and coconut to a smooth paste.
3. COmbine both and mix well.
4. Add salt, lemon juice, carrot, coriander leaves and pepper powder.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. Spread 1 or 2 tsp of the corn mixture on a bread slice.
7. Place a cheese slice on top. Add a slice of onion, tomato and capsicum.
8. Cover with a bread slice and keep aside.
9. Repeat with the remaining slices.
10. Heat a tawa over low flame.
11. Apply little butter and place the prepared sandwiches on the tawa.
12. Add little butter around the edges and toast on both sides for 1 minute on each side (or until cheese melts). If you have a sandwich maker, then use that.
13. Remove and serve with sauce.