A delicious South Indian recipe that is served as a side dish to pongal, idli or dosa. This is the famous Udupi Gothsu recipe.
Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (carrot, beans, yellow pumpkin), chopped
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tamarind Extract – 1 tblsp, thick
Jaggery – little
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped, to garnish
Toor Dal – 4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated, fried
Green Chillies – 6 to 8, depending on size, chopped
1. Dry roast the toor dal, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, coconut and green chillies.
2. Then grind well to a fine paste.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Add the vegetables and saute for a minute.
5. Pour little water and cook until tender.
6. Add the tamarind extract, salt, jaggery and bring to a boil.
7. Add the ground paste, onions and stir well.
8. Simmer for 2 to 4 minutes.
9. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !